Stuffed Zucchinis have been around for some time in the Low Carb world and they are certainly delicious enough to take a regular place on the menu. Our Low Carb Bolognese Stuffed Zucchini Boats are very tasty and easy to make – a great mid-week meal!
I have been stuffing zucchinis with a variety of fillings for many years. They were an easy and last minute option when it came to large scale catering, and I was running low on ideas.
I like to cook a big batch of Low Carb Bolognese Sauce and freeze it into (weighed and labeled) portions. When I’m in need of a quick meal, half of the dish is already made – hence how these stuffed boats came about.
When making these boats, I save the centers that were removed to add to a soup or vegetable mash. Some people will chop them and add them into the Bolognese filling – it’s entirely up to you.
This recipe makes 4 serves. 1 serve is 2 zucchini boats, or 1 whole zucchini.
We add nutritional information to the base of every recipe, in the recipe notes section. If you can’t find it, you may be viewing our page through the very efficient “no frills” view. All you have to do is scroll to bottom and click “View Non-AMP” and you’ll get the recipe and nutritional information in it’s full glory.
Ingredients for Making Your Low Carb Bolognese Stuffed Zucchini Boats:
- 4 medium Zucchini
- 1 ½ cups of Low Carb Beef Bolognese
- ½ cup of Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon of Parsley, chopped
Instructions for Making Your Low Carb Bolognese Stuffed Zucchini Boats:
- Preheat oven to 200C/390F.
- Slice the zucchinis in half longways and scoop out the seeds in the centre, making a canoe-like shape.
- Place the zucchini halves onto a lined roasting tray.
- Spoon the Low Carb Beef Bolognese Sauce into the zucchini canoes, evenly sharing the mixture between the 8 halves.
- Top the Bolognese with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake the zucchini boats in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese has melted and is golden brown.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
If you want to make a larger batch of Low Carb Bolognese Stuffed Zucchini Boats, simply adjust the serving amounts in our easy to use recipe card below. The measurements and ingredients will adjust themselves, and all you have to do is follow the method.
Do you work in the metric measuring system? It’s easy to switch the units from US imperial to metric with the drop down menu on the recipe card below.