We’ve used a delicious blend of Macadamia Oil and Light Olive Oil to create a lightly flavored Whole Egg Mayonnaise with a slightly nutty aftertaste.
Not only is it delicious but it’s free from additives, sugar and other artificial ingredients. Oil is a natural preservative and this mayonnaise will keep in your fridge for up to 3 weeks.
When making Mayonnaise, it’s important to use an oil, or blend of oils that you enjoy. Extra Virgin Olive Oil is very strong in flavor and when concentrated in mayonnaise it can have a very bitter taste, be sure to choose one that is light in flavor.
This recipe makes approximately 850g/30oz of Mayonnaise, which is 42 serves. A serving is 1 tablespoon (20g/0.75oz).
Ingredients for Making Your Whole Egg Mayonnaise:
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon Mustard
- 7 ounces of Macadamia Oil
- 20 ounces of Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ teaspoon of Salt
- ¼ teaspoon of Pepper
- 1 tablespoon of White Vinegar, optional
Instructions for Making Your Whole Egg Mayonnaise:
- Place the eggs and mustard into your food processor and blend on medium speed for 3 minutes, until well combined.
- Place the oils into a measuring jug and slowly pour into the food processor while it is running. If you pour the oil too quickly you run the risk of splitting the mayonnaise.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- If the mayonnaise is too thick, add the vinegar to thin it down.
- Store in an airtight jar in the fridge.
If you want to make a larger batch of Whole Egg Mayonnaise, simply adjust the serving amounts in our easy to use recipe card below. The measurements and ingredients will adjust themselves, and all you have to do is follow the method.
Do you work in the metric measuring system? It’s easy to switch the units from US imperial to metric with the drop down menu on the recipe card below.