This sweet and tangy Keto BBQ sauce recipe is such a welcome low-carb addition to meat dishes. Use it as a sauce, marinade, or baste for steak, sticky pork, and ribs.
We use this Keto BBQ sauce for our Sticky Pork Belly Bites recipe to keep them super low-carb yet sweet and delicious and our tasty Sticky Lamb Riblets.
Double the batch, put it in a jar, and then put it into the refrigerator to keep on hand.
Use this keto BBQ sauce with steak, pulled pork, sausages and any other meat you feel like adding a sweet and smokey flavor to.
Our Low Carb Barbecue Sauce makes approximately 550g/1.2lbs, which is 24 servings. One serve is a heaped tablespoon.
Keto BBQ Sauce Ingredients
- 16 ounces of Sugar-Free Tomato Sauce
- 4 tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce, no added sugar
- 4 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar, with the mother
- 4 teaspoons of Liquid Smoke Flavor
- 2 teaspoons of Salt
- 2 teaspoons of Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper, optional
- 1/4 teaspoons of Stevia, powdered
How To Make Keto BBQ Sauce
- Very simply: Put all ingredients into a saucepan
- Place on stove over medium heat and lightly simmer 5 minutes
- Allow to cool and jar, serve as needed, and refrigerate the rest.
Keto BBQ Sauce – Sweet & Low Carb with a Smokey Flavor
- 16 oz sugar free tomato sauce
- 4 tbsp worcestershire sauce Make sure theres no sugar on label
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar With the mother
- 4 tsp liquid smoke flavor
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder Optional to taste
- 1/4 tsp stevia powder Or your choice of sweetener, add slowly till taste.
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Place on stove over medium heat and lightly simmer for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool and jar or put in a serving dish
How To Store Keto BBQ Sauce
Store your Keto BBQ Sauce in the fridge for up to 3 weeks. This BBQ sauce has no added preservatives, so it is unsuitable for the cupboard.
To make a larger batch of this Keto BBQ Sauce recipe, adjust the serving amounts above.
17 thoughts on “Keto BBQ Sauce Recipe – Low Carb, Smokey Flavor – Great with all kinds of Meat!”
Pretty good. Mine isn’t nearly as dark as yours but I’m enjoying it.
Thank you, Jace. So glad you enjoyed it.
All I can seem to find is “No Sugar Added” tomato sauce. Is that what I should be looking for?
Hello Brian, yes, that’s correct.
WOW! This is fabulous, but I did make a few tweaks. I used no sugar salsa as a base, with an added 6 oz. can of tomato paste, (not sauce). I used balsamic vinegar rather than apple cider. The sweetener I used was a mix of erythritol and monk fruit, to taste. It was fabulous! I poured it over pre-baked cut up pork ribs in the crock pot and let it cook until they were falling off the bone. GREAT recipe! Thanks.
Hi Judi, thank you so much for your kind words, it makes our day. We’ve also been using a lot of monk fruit of late and loving it. So glad you like the BBQ sauce.
I used lakanto brown monk sugar instead of swerve. Had to monkey around with it, but it was great. I think I would leave out some of the salt. But my family really liked it!!
Glad it worked for you. We might try it out next time, we’ve just started to experiment with monk fruit.
I have made other low carb bbq sauces and was disappointed with the outcome so my hopes were high but expectations low. I braced myself when I tasted it, I wanted to get a giant sized spoon to keep tasting it until it was gone! Although I did have self control and used it as a condiment rather than a main course. it was very yummy and will use this recipe as my go to for my bbq sauce, thankyou for developing and posting it!
So glad you like it Cindy
Where on earth do you find sugar Fred tomato sauce??
That all depends on where on the earth you are!! We can buy it from our local supermarket, but you could also check health food stores or head online, or even make your own.
Love it!! Definitely a winner!
so many of these recipes don’t tell you how much a serving is. It would be extremely help to know this.
One serving is a heaped tablespoon – you’ll find this information above the ingredient list on all of our recipes 🙂
Very delicious. Family loved it. Passed the hubby test.
Reminds me of the BBQ sauce that comes with those old 6 pack ribletts