This Low Carb Keto Enchilada Sauce is far higher in fat than supermarket sauces, perfect as an ingredient for keto dishes, and much tastier.
This low-carb enchilada sauce is mildly spicy but easily made hotter by adding additional cayenne or fresh chilies.
This keto enchilada sauce recipe makes approximately 14oz/400g of Low Carb Enchilada Sauce or eight servings. One serving is 1/4 cup with 2.5g net carbs.
Keto Enchilada Sauce Ingredients
- 3 ounces (1/3 cup) of Salted Butter
- 3 teaspoons of Cumin, ground
- 2 teaspoons of Dried Oregano
- 2 teaspoons of Coriander, ground
- 2 teaspoons of Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cayenne, ground
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Erythritol
- 12 ounces of Tomato Puree – the tomato puree (also called passata) that we use contains only tomatoes and salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Pepper
How To Make Homemade Keto Enchilada Sauce
- Place the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add all ingredients except the tomato puree and saute for 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the tomato puree and stir well.
- Simmer the sauce for 5 minutes to infuse the spices. Add a little water if you like your sauce to be thinner, and adjust the seasoning to your taste.
- Use straight away or pour into a heatproof jar and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Make this Keto Enchilada Sauce with our Low Carb Pork Carnitas or any other recipe where you’d prefer a little extra flavor.
Keto Enchilada Sauce – Low Carb & Mildly Spicy
- 1/3 cup Salted Butter
- 3 teaspoons Cumin ground
- 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 2 teaspoons Coriander ground
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper ground
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Erythritol
- 12 ounces Tomato Puree also called Passata
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper ground
- Place the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.1/3 cup Salted Butter
- Add all ingredients except the tomato puree and saute for 3 minutes, or until fragrant.3 teaspoons Cumin, 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano, 2 teaspoons Coriander, 2 teaspoons Onion Powder, 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, 1 1/2 tablespoons Erythritol, 1/2 teaspoon Salt, 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- Add the tomato puree and stir well.12 ounces Tomato Puree
- Simmer the sauce for 5 minutes to infuse the spices. Add a little water if you like your sauce to be thinner and adjust the seasoning to your taste.
- Use straight away or cool for 30 minutes before pouring into a heatproof jar and storing in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Carbs In Enchilada Sauce
The amount of carbohydrates in enchilada sauce varies depending on the brand or recipe. Most enchilada sauce contains sugar and is high in carbohydrates.
The lowest carb count of any standard enchilada sauce we found at the supermarket is 6.6g of carbs per 100g. Most were much higher carb and had added sugar, amongst other nasties.
Shop-bought enchilada sauce ingredients include modified corn starch, sugar, soybean oil, hydrolyzed soy protein, and corn protein. Our Keto Enchilada Sauce contains none of it.
Store Keto Enchilada Sauce in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Looking for some delicious ways to use our Keto Enchilada Sauce? Try our;
Adjust the serving amounts above if you want to make a larger batch of this Low Carb Keto Enchilada Sauce recipe.
10 thoughts on “Keto Enchilada Sauce – Low Carb (2g Carbs)”
Made this for dinner, and my husband liked it so much that he wanted it the next day for lunch again. So yummy. Glad I found this recipe. Will keep it in rotation.
Thank you so much for your lovely comment, Jewel. It’s a very handy sauce, we use it for a lot of things.
This was excellent. I think I like it even better than the regular chili gravy I used to make when I wasn’t eating keto. Bookmarked to make again!
I’m so glad you enjoyed it Jennh!!
I was super skeptical about a quick enchilada sauce, but this is delicious! Thank you!
I always love to turn a skeptic! It’s great to hear that you loved it 🙂
3oz butter? How many tablespoons is that?
It all depends on where you are in the world! If you use the metric system a tablespoon is 15g – so 6 tablespoons, if you use imperial or a 20g tablespoon, it would be 4 tablespoons. I hope that helps!
Tomato Puree and Sauce are very different. Tomato puree is purely blended tomatoes and salt, it can also be called “passata”
Hope that helps.
Glad you liked it Celine, there’s always more recipes on the horizion 😉