Our Low Carb One Pot Mexican Casserole is good old comfort food, without the excessive dishes to wash up afterwards. The casserole is full of flavor and the Low Carb Pork Carnitas and Low Carb Enchilada Sauce are a match made in spice heaven.
This is one quick dinner that you will want to cook again. If you’re on your own, it also freezes well.
To Freeze: After broiling, split the Low Carb One Pot Mexican Casserole between heat-proof and freezer-friendly food-safe containers, pop them in the freezer and microwave to defrost when hunger strikes.
If you’ve never made Cauliflower Rice before, it’s as simple as blending cauliflower florets in a food processor until they resemble rice. Head over to our Low Carb Cauliflower Rice Recipe for more suggestions.
Ingredients for Making Your Low Carb One Pot Mexican Casserole:
- 2 tablespoons of Butter
- 1 clove of Garlic, crushed
- 1 medium Green Pepper, diced
- 1 medium Zucchini, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon of Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of Salt
- 2 cups of Cauliflower Rice
- 6 ounces of Low Carb Pork Carnitas
- 2 tablespoons of Lime Juice
- 2 serves of Low Carb Enchilada Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup of Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 medium Tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup of Scallions, sliced
Instructions for Making Your Low Carb One Pot Mexican Casserole:
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the butter, garlic, and green pepper and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, salt, and pepper and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower rice and continue to cook, whilst stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add the Low Carb Pork Carnitas and lime juice and stir well before adding the Low Carb Enchilada Sauce. Bring the pan to a simmer and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cilantro and cheese over the casserole. Remove from the stove top and broil until the cheese had melted.
- Garnish with the diced tomato and sliced scallions and serve.
- We recommend serving with sour cream and Sugar-Free Guacamole!
Do you work in the metric measuring system? It’s easy to switch the units from US imperial to metric with the drop down menu on the recipe card below.
If you want to make a larger batch of Low Carb One Pot Mexican Casserole, simply adjust the serving amounts in our easy to use recipe card below.