Avocados are a great source of fat and fiber for those on a Ketogenic Diet. One great way to get more avocados in your diet is through guacamole. Unfortunately many store bought types have sugar added. We decided to make our own Sugar Free Guacamole and share the recipe with our friends.
Avocados can have a pretty bland taste to some and, at the very least, benefit from a little salt to bring out the flavor. We’ve spiced them up to create our own ketogenic version of guacamole that is a perfect accompaniment paired with our Low Carb Flaxseed Crackers – you just can’t get enough!
We’ve added nutritional information for your benefit on the recipe card below. This recipe makes 3 servings, the recipe card reflects 1 serving which is 1/3 of the total recipe.
Ingredients for your Sugar Free Guacamole
- 1 medium Avocado
- 2 teaspoons of Lime Juice
- 2 pinches of Salt
- 2 pinches of Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cumin, ground
- 1 clove of Garlic, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon of Chilli Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of Smoked Paprika
- 1 tablespoon of Cilantro, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons of Scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of Sour Cream
Instructions For Making your Low Carb Guacamole
- Spilt the avocados and removed the seed. Scoop the flesh into a bowl and add lime juice.
- Mash the avocado with a fork until only small lumps remain.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Serve with Low Carb Flaxseed Crackers or Keto Pepperoni Chips.
If you want to make a larger batch of Sugar Free Guacamole, simply adjust the serving amounts in our easy to use recipe card below. The measurements and ingredients will adjust themselves and all you have to do is follow the method.
Do you work in the metric measuring system? It’s easy to switch the units from US imperial to metric with the drop down menu on the recipe card below.