The simplicity and high nutritional value are what makes this delicious keto broccoli salad recipe so good. Plus is super easy to make.
What we love about this recipe
- Healthy. The ingredients in this recipe are highly nutritious. Whole egg mayonnaise contains all essential amino fatty acids from eggs, broccoli is high in fiber, filling, and aiding digestion, and pine nuts are loaded with vitamins and healthy fats that have a myriad of health benefits.
- Easy to make. The ingredients for this recipe are readily available at the grocery store with no fancy additions.
- Meal prep. This is the perfect recipe to make ahead of time. Make it the day before an event or portion it into an airtight container, which will be kept in the fridge for up to three days.
- Versatile. This recipe is the base recipe. You can add extra ingredients, such as spinach, chicken, beef strips, or anything to suit your taste.
Did you know broccoli is a superfood, loaded with nutrients, and an excellent source of fiber? We eat bucket loads of it on our keto diets. In fact, our most popular recipe is Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole because it’s healthy, cheap, and easy to make.
Ingredients and substitutions
Portion sizes are in the recipe card below.
- Bacon. We like to use organic free-range bacon as it’s better for us, and the pig has a better life. You can swap out or add to the bacon with ham, ground beef or shredded chicken.
- Broccoli. We add the broccoli raw and uncooked as we like crunch. Also, you don’t lose any nutrients when it isn’t cooked. Broccoli is a keto superfood. If you prefer, you can lightly steam the broccoli.
- Pine Nuts.
- Red Onion. Diced.
- Mayonnaise. We make our own Whole Egg Mayonnaise, but you can use store-bought whole eggs mayonnaise.
- Apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar with the mother is best. You can tell which has mother as sediment will be at the bottom of the bottle. Alternatively, you can use balsamic vinegar for a different taste.
- White Pepper.
How to make keto broccoli salad step-by-step
Step 1. Cook bacon
Place the bacon in a nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook until crispy, and drain off the fat.
Step 2 Toss the salad
Add broccoli, pine nuts, onion, and bacon in a large mixing bowl. Toss together.
Step 3. Mix the dressing
Add the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, and whisk together.
Step 4. Serve
Pour the dressing over the broccoli, gently toss and serve.
Try adding some sharp shredded cheddar cheese. Aged cheddar works best, or if you a fan of blue cheese, you can crumble some of that and mix it in too.
Frequently asked questions
Broccoli salad is healthy if you stick to ingredients with no added sugars or preservatives. Broccoli salad is full of fiber, vitamins, and minerals essential for good health.
Broccoli salad is keto if you use a healthy high-fat salad dressing with quality ingredients such as whole egg mayonnaise with the full array of essential amino acids from eggs.
Broccoli salad is excellent for weight loss as it’s high in fiber and healthy fats, which keep you full and satisfied for longer.
Broccoli salad has only 314 calories per 200 grams serving which is relatively low for the bulk.
Yes, there is no gluten in broccoli salad.
There are 4g net carbs per serving of broccoli salad which is 7g of carbohydrates minus 3g fiber. Fiber carbs do not count toward your macros.
Keto Broccoli Salad
- 8 ounces Bacon sliced
- 1 pound Broccoli cut into florets
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts toasted
- ½ Red Onion diced
- ½ cup Whole Egg Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon White Pepper ground
- 1/2 cup Sharp cheddar cheese The older the better
- Place the bacon in a nonstick frying pan over medium high heat. Cook until crispy, and drain off the fat.8 ounces Bacon
- In a large mixing bowl, add the broccoli, pine nuts, onion and bacon. Toss together.1 pound Broccoli, 1/4 cup Pine Nuts, ½ Red Onion
- In a small bowl, add the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper, whisk together.½ cup Whole Egg Mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar, ½ teaspoon Salt, ¼ teaspoon White Pepper
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli, gently toss and serve.
- Meat. We like to use organic free-range bacon as it’s better for us, and the pig has a better life. You can swap out or add to the bacon with ham, ground beef, or shredded chicken.
- Broccoli. We add the broccoli raw and uncooked as we like crunch. Also, you don’t lose any nutrients when it isn’t cooked. If you prefer, you can lightly steam the broccoli.
- Mayonnaise. We make our own Whole Egg Mayonnaise, but you can use store-bought whole egg mayonnaise.
This Broccoli Salad recipe makes six side serves. One serving has 4g net carbs.
Want more Keto Salads? Try our;
- Keto Cauliflower Salad (the perfect low-carb replacement for potato salad)
- Keto Tabbouleh
- Keto Greek Salad
- Keto Caesar Salad
To make a larger batch of this keto broccoli Salad recipe, adjust the servings above.