Perfect on a budget, this keto corned beef hash is easy to make and the perfect way to use leftovers. We swap potato for cauliflower for a healthier low-carb twist on this all-time favorite breakfast recipe.
What we love about this recipe
- Budget-friendly. The hash is perfect for using leftover corned beef and other meats.
- Healthier. We drastically cut the carbs using cauliflower, making this dish low-carb, keto-friendly, and paleo.
- Versatile. What we really love about this recipe is that you can’t get it wrong. You can make dozens of variations of this hash with anything leftover in the fridge. Sausage, bacon, chicken, and ham will all work.
- Meal prep. This keto corned beef hash is a great recipe for meal prep. Make it ahead of time and store it in reusable containers for an instant meal to reheat and eat.
How to make corned beef hash
Making this corned beef hash is super easy just steam (you can boil) some cauliflower.
Saute some onion, add all ingredients, and cook until browned on the edges. Season and eat!
Ingredients and substitutes
See the recipe card below for portions.
- Cauliflower. Cut into florets, we used fresh cauliflower, but frozen cauliflower works just as well.
- Butter. Salted organic, grass-fed butter is best, but for those on a budget, regular salted butter is fine.
- Onion. One small onion diced
- Corned beef. We cooked our own corned beef from our corned beef recipe, but you can use pre-cooked or tinned corned beef, even (tinned corned beef is actually how this recipe originated from rations during wartime). You can also substitute for leftover sausage, chicken, ham, bacon even lamb.
- Salt. We like kosher salt (sea salt flakes), but any salt will do.
- Pepper. If you really want to spice things up, you can use chili peppers too.
Step 1. Cook cauliflower
Steam or boil the cauliflower until just tender and drain well.
Step 2. Saute butter and onion
Place a large nonstick frying pan over high heat and add the butter and onion. Saute until translucent.
Step 3. Brown all ingredients
Add the cauliflower and saute for about 5 minutes, until it starts to brown, then add the corned beef. Continue to cook until the cauliflower is nicely browned and the corned beef is heated through.
Step 4. Season and serve
Season with salt and pepper.
How to serve corned beef hash
- Serve the corned beef hash with a side of poached or fried eggs.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream.
- Add some avocado and garlic mushrooms.
- Add some bacon rashes and broccolini.
- Serve on top of some keto bread.
Frequently asked questions
Regular corned beef hash is not keto as it contains a very high carbohydrate potato. Swap out potato for cauliflower, and corned beef hash is low-carb and keto-friendly.
Yes, corned beef hash contains no flour and is gluten-free.
Store corned beef hash in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Keto Corned Beef Hash
- 1 pound Cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons Salted Butter
- 1/2 small Onion diced
- 6 ounces Corned Beef roughly chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Steam or boil the cauliflower until just tender. Drain well.1 pound Cauliflower
- Place a large nonstick frying pan over high heat and add the butter and onion. Saute until translucent.2 tablespoons Salted Butter, 1/2 small Onion
- Add the cauliflower and saute for about 5 minutes, until it starts to brown, then add the corned beef. Continue to cook until the cauliflower is nicely browned and the corned beef is heated through.6 ounces Corned Beef
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve.Salt, Pepper
This Keto Corned Beef Hash recipe makes two servings. One serving has 4g net carbs.
Need more great ways to start the day? Check out some of our other yummy Keto Breakfast Recipes;
- Keto Sausage and Egg “Muffins”
- Keto Bacon & Mushroom Omelette
- Keto Cinnamon Granola
- Keto Avocado Smoothie
Adjust the servings above to make a larger batch of this Keto Corned Beef Hash recipe.
2 thoughts on “Keto Corned Beef Hash Recipe”
Wow! I just made this and it was so yummy!
Hubby ate it too and he isn’t Keto but said it was delicious
I’m definitely making this again
I’m so glad you and your husband enjoyed it, Carol! Thanks for stopping by to let us know 🙂