A mild dish with an intense punch of flavor; that’s how we describe our Low Carb Taco Soup. It’s the perfect low-carb Mexican recipe for a mid-week meal.
Just pull your ready made Mexican Low Carb Pork Carnitas out of the freezer. Throw all the ingredients in your saucepan and hey presto.
A low-carb Mexican meal in minutes! It’s so easy to customize this soup to keep your whole family happy.
You can add a little chilli for the adults and let everyone pick their own toppings.
We love to top our Low Carb Taco Soup with a little Avocado. An even better idea is to top it with our Sugar Free Guacamole!
Ingredients for Making Your Low Carb Taco Soup:
- 2 tbsp of Butter
- 1 medium Green Pepper, diced
- 1 clove of Garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of Oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon of Cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon of Paprika, ground
- 8 ounces of Tomato Puree
- 2 cups of Chicken Stock
- 5 ounces of Low Carb Pork Carnitas
- 1 teaspoon of Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 cup of Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1/2 medium Avocado, diced
- 3 teaspoons of Cilantro, finely shredded
- 3 tablespoons of Sour Cream
Instructions For Making Your Low Carb Taco Soup:
- In a large saucepan place the butter, diced pepper and garlic and saute over medium heat for 3 minutes, until the butter is bubbling.
- Add the oregano, cumin and paprika and saute for a further 3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the tomato puree and chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add the pork carnitas, salt and pepper. Simmering for 2 minutes to ensure the pork is heated through.
- Ladle the soup into three bowls and garnish with the shredded cheddar, diced avocado, cilantro, and sour cream.
Do you work in the metric measuring system? It’s easy to switch the units from US imperial to metric with the drop down menu on the recipe card below.
The measurements and ingredients will adjust themselves, and all you have to do is follow the method. If you want to make a larger batch of Low Carb Taco Soup, simply adjust the serving amounts in our easy to use recipe card below.