Meatballs! Low Carb Chicken Feta Meatballs to be exact. If you want a versatile recipe that can be added to various sides or even served as an appetiser this keto recipe is for you.
Ground meats are cheap and easy to prepare, we eat meatballs often and coming up with new recipes is a fun experience. This recipe came about after the butcher had sold out of ground lamb for our Low Carb Lamb and Halloumi Burgers.
It’s important to choose a nice firm Feta Cheese, both Greek and Australia Feta Cheese works well. Danish Feta is a little bit too soft and won’t grate or crumble very well.
Our Low Carb Chicken, Cheddar and Chives Meatballs are another tasty chicken meatball recipe to check out.
We made 28 meatballs in this recipe and have made the serving size to be 1/7 of the recipe, or 4 meatballs per serve. We dipped ours in a delicious and high fat Garlic Aioli.
Ingredients for Making Your Low Carb Chicken Feta Meatballs:
- 2 pounds of Ground Chicken
- 8 ounces of Feta Cheese, grated or crumbled
- 1 Lemon, finely zested
- 1 tablespoon of Lemon Juice, half a lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons of Rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon of Pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon of Butter
Instructions for Making Your Low Carb Chicken Feta Meatballs:
- In a bowl place all the ingredients, except the butter and oil, and combine well. For best results we recommend putting on a set of disposable gloves and mixing by hand.
- Roll the mixture into evenly sized meatballs. We made ours quite large and ended up with 28 meatballs.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add the oil and butter.
- Place the meatballs into the frying pan and cook for 7 minutes on each side. You may need to drop the heat if the meatballs are browning too quickly.
- Remove from the pan and serve.
Do you work in the metric measuring system? It’s easy to switch the units from US imperial to metric with the drop down menu on the recipe card below.
If you want to make a larger batch of Low Carb Chicken Feta Meatballs, simply adjust the serving & the ingredients will adjust themselves.