With just 4 ingredients, this easy keto pie crust recipe is sturdy, crisp, and perfect for quiches and savory pies. It adds a fantastic parmesan flavor and won’t fall apart.
What I love about this recipe
- Low-carb and keto-friendly: Almond flour is a great low-carb alternative to traditional wheat flour, making this pie crust suitable for those following a ketogenic or low-carb diet.
- Gluten-free: Since this crust is made with almond flour, it is gluten-free, making it an excellent option for those with gluten sensitivities.
- Tasty: The addition of parmesan cheese can add a delicious savory flavor to the crust, making it an excellent option for savory pies like quiches or pot pies.
- Easy to make. With just four ingredients and a straightforward method, you’ll have a delicious pie base for your favorite pies in quiches in under 20 minutes. All of the ingredients are readily available at the grocery store. Almond flour is very common these days.
How to use this recipe
This is not a dessert pie crust recipe but rather for savory dinner-type pies.
We’ve used this tasty recipe as a base for our Low Carb Spaghetti Bolognese Pie, and it’s delicious.
Try this super healthy Keto Spinach Quiche recipe, also.
- Almond flour. Only use almond flour for this recipe. We have had some ask and tried to use coconut flour with poor results.
- Unsalted butter. Grass-fed organic is always best, but any unsalted butter will work.
- Parmesan cheese. Finely grated off the block is best, but you can use pre-grated parmesan.
- Egg. We always use free-range eggs.
How to make the best keto pie crust for quiche and savory pies.
Step 1. Preheat
Preheat the oven to 170C/340F.
Step 2. Dry mix
In a mixing bowl, add the almond flour and Parmesan cheese and mix.
Step 3. Wet mix
Add the butter and rub into the almond and parmesan mixture until no pieces of butter remain. Then add the egg and mix well.
Step 4. Form the base
Press the crust into the base and up the sides of a 9.5-inch pie dish. Prick with a fork.
Step 5. Bake
Bake for 10-14 minutes, until the crust is cooked through. It is now ready to fill with your favorite ingredients.
Keto Pie Crust Recipe – Quiche & Savory Pies
- 3.5 ounces Almond Flour
- 4.5 ounces Parmesan Cheese finely grated
- 2 ounces Unsalted Butter
- 1 large Egg
- Preheat the oven to 170C/340F.
- In a mixing bowl, add the almond flour and parmesan cheese. Mix.3.5 ounces Almond Flour, 4.5 ounces Parmesan Cheese
- Add the butter and rub into to almond parmesan mixture, until there are no pieces of butter remaining then add the egg and mix in well.2 ounces Unsalted Butter, 1 large Egg
- Press the crust into the base and up the sides of a 9.5in pie dish. Prick with a fork.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes, until the crust is cooked through. Use the crust as a base for your favorite savory pie mix.
Store your unfilled Keto Pie Crust in the fridge for up to 1 week, or freeze the baked crust for up to 3 months.
Adjust the serving amounts in the recipe card above if you want to make more than one keto pie crust.