Some days you just need a break from chocolate, enter our Ketogenic Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes. They are a fluffy and moist cake with a lovely citrus zing, and the Lemon Frosting takes our humble cupcake to a whole new, and very refreshing, level.
These Ketogenic Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes are not only low carb, but the high fat makes them the perfect fat bomb to keep to you fueled for hours. Want more cupcakes? Head over to our Ultimate Low Carb Cupcake Recipe for the perfect chocolate and vanilla cupcake.
Our recipe made 12 regular sized Ketogenic Lemon and Poppy Seed Cupcakes.
Ingredients for Making Your Ketogenic Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes:
- 2 cups of Almond Flour
- 2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup of Natvia
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup of Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon of Poppy seeds
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- 4 ounces of Butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup of Natvia Icing Mix
- 2 tablespoons of Heavy Cream
Instructions for Making Your Ketogenic Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 180C/355F.
- Place all cupcake ingredients into your stand mixer and mix on medium for 3 minutes, until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into 12 holes of a muffin tin, lined with cupcake papers. Fill each paper ¾ full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Cool the cupcakes on a cake rack.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, place the butter and lemon juice in your stand mixer.
- Mix on low whilst adding the Natvia Icing Mix by the spoonful. Add the cream.
- Mix on medium until the ingredients are fluffy and pale.
- Gently spoon the mixture into a piping bag and pipe onto your cooled cupcakes. Enjoy!
Do you work in the metric measuring system? It’s easy to switch the units from US imperial to metric with the drop down menu on the recipe card below.