Our Smoked Salmon, Avocado & Rocket Salad is loaded with Omega 3 Fatty Acids and is easy enough to throw together in under 10 minutes.
This easy, refreshing salad is the perfect light meal for those hot days, when eating is the last thing on your mind. It’s a high fiber and high fat salad that will keep you full and fueled for hours.
With the heatwaves that we’ve had in Australia over January and February, cooking has been completely off the menu, and meals have been a compilation of ingredients. We’ve enjoyed our Simple Low Carb Salad, Avocado Egg Salad Wraps and Chicken Salad Wraps, all whilst sitting in front of a high powered fan!
When buying smoked salmon, be sure to read the labels and get one that has just been smoked (such as this brand), and not cured in sugar first.
This recipe makes 2 generous serves.
Ingredients for Making Your Smoked Salmon, Avocado & Rocket Salad:
- 7 ounces of Smoked Salmon
- 6 ounces of Arugula (Rocket) Leaves
- 1 medium Avocado
- 1 teaspoon of Sesame Seeds
- 2 tablespoons of Sunflower Seeds
- 2 tablespoons of Cilantro Leaves
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 1 pinch of Pepper
Instructions for Making Your Smoked Salmon, Avocado & Rocket Salad:
- Dice the avocado and place into a mixing bowl.
- Add the rocket, cilantro, salt and pepper and gently toss.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and lemon juice and gently toss.
- Place into a serving dish and top with the smoked salmon.
- Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and sunflower seeds. Serve and enjoy.
If you want to make a larger batch of Smoked Salmon, Avocado & Rocket Salad, simply adjust the serving amounts in our easy to use recipe card below. The measurements and ingredients will adjust themselves, and all you have to do is follow the method.
Do you work in the metric measuring system? It’s easy to switch the units from US imperial to metric with the drop down menu on the recipe card below.