Our simple low-carb avocado and cabbage salad with peanut dressing is a fresh, Asian-style coleslaw that will tantalize your taste buds. It is vegetarian and vegan-friendly – a great salad for a picnic or potluck.
The recipe makes 4 generous serves. We like to eat it for lunch or make half a recipe to serve as a side dish for our Indonesian Chicken Drumsticks.
Love this salad as much as we do, but 4 serves is just too much. You can make one batch to feed you for days. Mix together all the salad ingredients except the avocado and split among four containers. Add the avocado and drizzle over the peanut dressing when you’re ready to eat.
The Peanut Dressing can be kept refrigerated for up to 3 weeks. It can also be used as a dipping sauce and is an excellent marinade for chicken.
Our Simple salad is also perfect for Keto Vegans and Vegetarians
This Keto Asian Style Coleslaw makes 4 “meal size” serves or 6 side serves.
- Simple Salad
- 4 cups of Chinese Cabbage, shredded (also known as Napa Cabbage)
- 2 cups of Bean Sprouts
- ¼ cup of Cilantro Leaves, roughly torn
- 4 Scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium Avocado, flesh diced
- 1 tablespoon of Sesame Seeds, toasted
- Peanut Dressing
- 1/3 cup of Natural Peanut Butter
- 3 tablespoons of Lime Juice
- 3 tablespoons of Water
- 2 tablespoons of Tamari
- 2 teaspoons of Erythritol
- 2 teaspoons of Sesame Oil
- ½ teaspoon of Garlic, ground
- ¼ teaspoon of Ginger, ground
- ½ teaspoon of Chili Powder
How to Make Cabbage and Avocado Salad
- In a large bowl, combine the Chinese cabbage, bean sprouts, cilantro scallions, and avocado. Mix well and divide among four dishes.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until completely combined. If the dressing is too thick, add a little more water.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salads, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and serve.
Keto Cabbage And Avocado Salad
- 4 cups Chinese Cabbage shredded
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup Cilantro leaves torn
- 4 Scallions thinly sliced
- 1 medium Avocado flesh diced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds toasted
- In a large bowl combine the chinese cabbage, bean sprouts, cilantro scallions and avocado. Mix well and divide among 4 dishes.4 cups Chinese Cabbage, 2 cups bean sprouts, 1/4 cup Cilantro, 4 Scallions, 1 medium Avocado
- In a smaller bowl combine all the dressing ingredients and whisk until completely combined. If the dressing is too thick add a little more water.1 tablespoon sesame seeds, 1/3 cup natural peanut butter, 3 tablespoons Lime Juice, 3 tablespoons water, 2 tablespoons tamari, 2 teaspoons Erythritol, 2 teaspoons sesame oil, 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoons chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon Ginger
- Drizzle the dressing over the salads, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
To make a larger batch of cabbage and avocado, simply adjust the serving amounts in our easy-to-use recipe card above.