Keto savory muffins are a great breakfast that can be made ahead and reheated as a snack. Our Low Carb Cheddar Cheese & Zucchini Muffins are tasty, moist and very easy cheesy.
Even before embarking on the Keto Diet I loved to eat all kinds of cheese, cook with cheese, and generally make a mess with cheese. Hence why there are many cheesy recipes on our blog – try our Bacon & Sour Cream Muffins, Cheese Chips, Broccoli Cheese Bites and our Cheese & Bacon Rolls.
These Low Carb Cheddar Cheese & Zucchini Muffins are best served warm, with the melted cheese oozing as they’re torn apart. Our recipe makes 12 serves, one muffin is one serve.
Ingredients for Making Your Low Carb Cheddar Zucchini Muffins:
- 12 ounces of Zucchini, grated (2 packed cups)
- ½ cup of Butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon of Salt
- ¼ teaspoon of Pepper
- 6 Eggs
- 2 tablespoon of Oregano, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- ¾ cup of Coconut Flour
- 1 cup of Cheddar Cheese, shredded
Instructions for Making Your Low Carb Cheddar Cheese & Zucchini Muffins:
- Preheat oven to 180C/355F.
- In a mixing bowl, add the zucchini, butter, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add the eggs, oregano and baking powder and mix well.
- Add the coconut flour and mix until the batter becomes thick.
- Fold through the cheddar cheese.
- Line the holes of a standard muffin tin with silicon cupcake molds and evenly divide the mixture between the holes. Overfill each hole creating little piles of soon to be muffins, the muffins don’t rise very much.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the muffins are golden.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before enjoying.
Do you work in the metric measuring system? It’s easy to switch the units from US imperial to metric with the drop down menu on the recipe card below.
If you want to make a larger batch of Low Carb Cheddar Cheese & Zucchini Muffins for your keto stash, simply adjust the serving amounts in our easy to use recipe card below. The measurements and ingredients will adjust themselves, and all you have to do is follow the method.