This homemade Italian sausage is a keto-friendly replacement for the store-bought kind that can contain unnecessary fillers and additives. It’s super easy to make at home whenever you need it.
In many places, most sausages and ground sausage sold at butchers and stores contains something called “meal” to keep the sausage moist and give it texture. Unfortunately, meal is spices and filler (either wheat or rice-based) and not something we want to eat on a low-carb keto diet.
The recipe makes Sweet Italian Sausage. To make a spicy mix, add 2 teaspoons of Red Pepper Flakes, and you’ll have Hot Italian Sausage.
This Homemade Italian Sausage recipe makes 450g/1lb. We’ve left the nutritional information to include the entire recipe – 1 serving is 450g/1lb.
Keto Italian Sausage Ingredients
- 1 pound of Ground Pork – stay above 15% fat content
- 2 cloves of Garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Sweet Paprika
- 1 tablespoon of Parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Pepper, coarsely ground
- ½ teaspoon of Ground Fennel
- ½ teaspoon of Dried Oregano
- ¼ teaspoon of Dried Thyme
- ¼ teaspoon of Dried Rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon of Ground Sage
How to Make Keto Italian Sausage
- Place all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix well.
- Store in the fridge for at least 2 hours before using, so the flavors can infuse.
- Use in any recipe that calls for Italian Sausage!
Keto Italian Sausage
- 1 pound Ground Pork
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Parsley chopped
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper coarsely ground
- ½ teaspoon Ground Fennel
- ½ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ¼ teaspoon Dried Thyme
- ¼ teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Sage
- Place all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix well.1 pound Ground Pork, 2 cloves Garlic, 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar, 1 tablespoon Sweet Paprika, 1 tablespoon Parsley, 2 teaspoons Salt, 1 teaspoon Pepper, ½ teaspoon Ground Fennel, ½ teaspoon Dried Oregano, ¼ teaspoon Dried Thyme, ¼ teaspoon Dried Rosemary, ¼ teaspoon Ground Sage
- Sit in the fridge covered until ready to use. Store for maximun of 3 days in the fridge or freeze for up to 3 Months. The longer it sits the more the herbsa n spice will infuse.
How To Store Italian Sausage
Store Italian sausage in the fridge for up to 3 days, or freeze for it for up to 3 months.
Looking for more Keto Italian-inspired recipes; try our;
To make a larger batch of this Homemade Italian Sausage recipe adjust the servings above.