Looking for a way to add a little life to your Creamy Cauliflower Soup? Our Low Carb Greek Chicken & Cauliflower Soup is just the ticket!
Cooler weather calls for warm, comforting dishes with plenty of cream and butter – perfect for our Ketogenic Diets!
We love winter warming soups! Why not try one of our other soup recipes:
Leftover soup can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for 3 months.
This recipe makes 8 serves.
We add nutritional information to the base of every recipe, in the recipe notes section. If you can’t find it, you may be viewing our page through the very efficient “no frills” view. All you have to do is scroll to the bottom and click “View Non-AMP” and you’ll get the recipe and nutritional information in its full glory.
Ingredients for Making Your Low Carb Greek Chicken & Cauliflower Soup:
- 12 ounces of Chicken Thighs
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon, Zest and Juice
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
- 2 ounces of Butter
- 1 tablespoon of Oregano, dried
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 2 cloves of Garlic, crushed
- 1.6 pounds (1 large head) of Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 21 ounces of Heavy Cream
- 1 cup of Chicken Stock
- ½ teaspoon of Pepper
- 5 ounces of Feta Cheese
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons of Mint, finely chopped, to serve
Instructions for Making Your Low Carb Greek Chicken & Cauliflower Soup:
- Preheat your oven to 200C/390F.
- Place the chicken thighs into a roasting tray and sprinkle over the oil, zest from the lemon and salt.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Dice or shred into small pieces and set aside.
- Place a large saucepan over high heat.
- Add the butter, oregano, onion and garlic and saute until the onion is translucent.
- Add the cauliflower and stir well. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream, and chicken stock and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
- Carefully blend the cauliflower with your stick blender until there are no lumps remaining.
- Add the diced chicken, pepper and juice from the lemon and stir well with a spoon.
- Crumble the feta cheese into the soup and stir well.
- Taste the soup and add salt if desired.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle over the mint to serve.
Do you work in the metric measuring system? It’s easy to switch the units from US imperial to metric with the drop down menu on the recipe card below.
If you want to make a larger batch of Low Carb Greek Chicken & Cauliflower Soup, simply adjust the serving amounts in our easy to use recipe card below. The measurements and ingredients will adjust themselves, and all you have to do is follow the method.