Our Low Carb Asian Style Shredded Beef is tender, succulent meat infused with garlic, ginger, chilli, and our very own Low Carb Hoisin Sauce.
It is the ideal base for many Asian style recipes, starting with an upcoming Low Carb Fried Rice and many more to come!
Just like our Pork Carnitas, this is another recipe that is great to keep in the freezer for those nights where you only have 10 minutes to create a delicious meal.
We served our Low Carb Asian Style Shredded Beef over Bok Choy sauteed in Sesame Oil, with a side of Cauliflower Rice and garnished with sesame seeds, chili and scallions.
This recipe yields approximately 5 pounds, which is 10 serves. One serve is 4 ounces.
We add nutritional information to the base of every recipe, in the recipe notes section. If you can’t find it, you may be viewing our page through the very efficient “no frills” view. All you have to do is scroll to the bottom and click “View Non-AMP” and you’ll get the recipe and nutritional information in its full glory.
Ingredients for Making Your Low Carb Asian Style Shredded Beef:
- 2 tablespoons of Sesame Oil
- 3 cloves of Garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 Long Red Chili, thinly sliced
- ½ cup of Low Carb Hoisin Sauce (1 full recipe)
- ⅓ cup 0f Tamari Sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Chinese Five Spice
- 1 teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 5 pounds of Beef Chuck Roast, cut into 2 pieces
- 3 cups of Beef Stock
Instructions for Making Your Low Carb Asian Style Shredded Beef:
- Place your pressure cooker onto high heat.
- Add the sesame oil, garlic, ginger and chili into the pressure cooker and saute for 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the Low Carb Hoisin Sauce, tamari, 5 spice and pepper, mix well.
- Add the pieces of beef chuck and coat in the mixture.
- Pour the beef stock over and ensure the beef is just covered.
- Place the lid on your pressure cooker, heat until pressurised then drop to low heat and cook for 1 ½ hours.
- De-pressurized the cooker and gently remove the beef and shred.
- Place the remaining liquid in a saucepan and bring to the boil, reduce by half.
- Add the reduced liquid into the shredded beef. The beef can be stored covered in the fridge for up to one week, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- To serve, place the beef in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and saute until any excess liquid has cooked off and the meat is starting to get crispy.
- Serve immediately.
Do you work in the metric measuring system? It’s easy to switch the units from US imperial to metric with the drop down menu on the recipe card below.
If you want to make a larger batch of Low Carb Asian Style Shredded Beef, simply adjust the serving amounts in our easy to use recipe card below. The measurements and ingredients will adjust themselves, and all you have to do is follow the method.