Chia Seeds are packed full of nutrients, namely Omega-3’s, and there’s no better way to enjoy them than our Low Carb Keto Chai Chia Pudding!
Keto Chai Chia pudding makes a great dessert, or you can make it before bed for a super quick and tasty breakfast.
We’ve steered away from using the traditional whole spices in our Chai base and instead we make it with ground spices to give our pudding an intense flavor.
If you like a bit of bite to your chai chia pudding, add 1/4 teaspoon of Pepper and another 1/8 teaspoon of ground Ginger, don’t forget to add these to your nutritional count.
Our Low Carb Keto Chai Chia Pudding Recipe makes 4 perfectly sized serves for an afternoon or morning snack.
Ingredients for Making Your Low Carb Keto Chai Chia Pudding:
- 1 cup of Water
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1/4 teaspoon of Fennel Seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cinnamon, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon of Cardamon, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon of Ginger, ground
- 3 teaspoons of Black Tea Leaves, we used English Breakfast Tea Leaves
- 3 tablespoons of Natvia
- 1/3 cup of Chia Seeds, we prefer the white chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons of Whipped Heavy Cream, to garnish
Instructions For Making Your Low carb Keto Chai Chia Pudding:
- Place all ingredients except the chia seeds and whipped cream into a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat until the mixture is just starting to simmer and turn off the heat. Allow to steep for 2 minutes.
- Put the chia seeds into a heat proof container.
- Pour the hot liquid through a fine strainer and into the heatproof container with the chia seeds. Stir gently and ensure all the chia seeds are all covered.
- Cover the container loosely with cling film to allow the steam to escape and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Don’t put the hot mixture into a shaker bottle or jar and shake, as the heat will cause a very messy explosion.
- Remove from the fridge and stir well. Evenly split the pudding between 4 glasses and top with the whipped cream. Enjoy!
If you want to make a larger batch of Low Carb Keto Chai Chia Pudding, simply adjust the serving amounts in our easy to use recipe card below. The measurements and ingredients will adjust themselves, and all you have to do is follow the method.
Do you work in the metric measuring system? It’s easy to switch the units from US imperial to metric with the drop down menu on the recipe card below.
Want to start your day with a full tank, try a serve of the Low Carb Keto Chai Chia Pudding with our Low Carb Iced Coffee Energy Drink with MCT Oil