This sugar-free Jamaican Jerk seasoning recipe is one of our all-time favorite meat marinades. It’s very low carb, so it’s keto diet and paleo friendly!
This sugar-free Jerk seasoning is ready in under 10 minutes.
Don’t like chili in your jerk? Just leave it out. Love your Jamaican jerk spicy? Add another chili in.
How much of this tasty Jamaican jerk seasoning do you need to marinade your meats?
We use ⅓ of a cup of sugar-free Jamaican Jerk per 500g/1lb of meat and marinate for 3 hours before cooking.
This sugar-free Jamaican Jerk recipe makes 1⅓ cups of marinade or 20 serves of 1 tablespoon (17g/0.6oz). We’ve made a serve one tablespoon to make it easier for you to calculate the macros when using the marinade at home.
Ingredients for Sugar-Free Jamaican Jerk Marinade
- ½ small Onion, roughly chopped
- 1 Red Chilli, roughly chopped
- 2 Scallions, roughly chopped
- 6 cloves of Garlic
- 3 tablespoons of Tamari Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Fresh Thyme
- 2 tablespoons of Natvia
- 2 teaspoons of Ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon of Cinnamon, ground
- 1 tablespoon of Allspice, ground
- 2 teaspoons of Pepper, ground
- 2 teaspoons of Nutmeg, ground
- ½-1 teaspoon of Salt, to taste
How to Make Sugar-Free Jamaican Jerk Marinade
- Place all ingredients in a large measuring jug
- Blend well with your stick blender until you have a thick paste.
- Taste and add extra salt if needed.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Sugar-Free Jamaican Jerk Seasoning - Keto & Paleo Friendly
Sugar-Free marinades can be hard to find at the store. We’ve made it a little easier with our Low Carb Jerk Marinade recipe!
- 1/2 small onion roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli roughly chopped
- 2 scallions roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves fresh
- 2 tablespoons natvia
- 2 teaspoons ginger grated
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon ground
- 1 tablespoon allspice ground
- 2 teaspoons pepper ground
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg ground
- 1/2-1 teaspoons salt to taste
Place all ingredients in a large measuring jug.
Blend well with your stick blender until you have a thick paste.
Taste and add extra salt if needed.
Store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 1 week.
To make a larger batch of this Low Carb Jamaican Jerk Marinade recipe adjust the servings above.