Deep Frying Your Low Carb Buffalo Wings
If you don’t have a Deep Fryer, we can’t encourage you enough to make the purchase, Deep fryers add a great deal of versatility to a ketogenic diet. They will save you money in the long run and are fun, quick and easy to cook with.Just be aware you should only use peanut oil for keto recipes in deep fryers with an exposed element. If you want to use lard or tallow you should use a deep fryer without an exposed element like this.
Get a run down on the best oils t0 use in your LCHF cooking here.
Gerri, recommends serving these Buffalo Wings with her Keto Feta Cheese Dressing, a great substitute for the traditional Blue Cheese Sauce.
Ingredients for Your Low Carb Buffalo Wings:
- 4 pounds of Chicken Wings
- 2 teaspoons of Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons of Paprika
- 2 teaspoons of Salt
- 2 teaspoons of Pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 4 ounces of Butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon of Hot Sauce
Instructions For Making Your Low Carb Buffalo Wings:
- Trim the wing tips off the chicken wings and split the wing into the wingette and drumette.
- Place the wingettes and drumettes into a bowl and marinate in the garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper and oil. Leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat your deep fryer to 180C/355F.
- Deep fry the wingettes and drumettes (in batches if your fryer is small) for around 6-8 minutes. To check if they are done, cut the meat on a diagonal down to the bone – if the bone is red the chicken requires more cooking.
- Mix the hot sauce and melted butter and toss the wings through it. We recommend serving it with our Feta Cheese Dressing.
Do you work in the metric measuring system? It’s easy to switch the units from US imperial to metric with the drop down menu on the recipe card below.
If you want to make a larger batch of Buffalo Wings, simply adjust the serving amounts in our easy to use recipe card below. The measurements and ingredients will adjust themselves and all you have to do is follow the method.