Dukkah, or duqqa, is an Egyptian condiment made from nuts, seeds, and spices. Our Low Carb Macadamia Nut Dukkah is based on macadamia nuts, with the traditional base of sesame seeds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds and fits right in with a ketogenic diet.
Our Low Carb Macadamia Nut Dukkah Recipe makes approximately 250g/9oz in total. We’ve broken the nutritional information down into 10g/0.35oz serves, which is equal to 1 tablespoon, to make it easier for you to add into your meal plan.
How to use Low Carb Macadamia Dukkah
Not quite sure what to do with your new tasty condiment? We’ve put together a few ideas to help you out:
- Sprinkle it over fried or poached eggs
- Toss through steamed vegetables
- Coat vegetables in Dukkah and oil before roasting
- Use as a crust for meat, poultry and fish
- Sprinkle over salad
- Add to Cauliflower Rice to spice up your side
- Create a Middle Eastern Dip using Dukkah and Avocado
What to do with your Low Carb Macadamia Dukkah is only limited by your imagination, sometimes a sneaky spoonful straight from the jar is just what you need to fend off hunger and keep you going on your Keto Diet.
Ingredients for Making Your Low Carb Macadamia Nut Dukkah:
- 1 cup of Raw Macadamia Nuts
- ½ cup of Sesame Seeds
- 2 tablespoons of Coriander Seed
- 2 tablespoon of Cumin Seed
- 1 teaspoon of Fennel Seed
- 1 teaspoon of Pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon of Sea Salt Flakes
Instructions for Making Your Low Carb Macadamia Nut Dukkah:
- Preheat oven to 175C/350F.
- Place macadamia nuts on a lined baking dish and roast for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Place sesame seeds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds and fennel seeds on a line baking dish and roast for 10-15 minutes, until golden and fragrant. Give the mixture a stir every 5 minutes to prevent burning.
- Cool the nuts and seeds for 10 minutes.
- Place macadamia nuts, seeds, salt and pepper into your food processor.
- Pulse until nuts have broken down into small chunks.
- Spoon into a dry, airtight jar and store in your pantry.
If you want to make a larger batch of Low Carb Macadamia Nut Dukkah, simply adjust the serving amounts in our easy to use recipe card below. The measurements and ingredients will adjust themselves, and all you have to do is follow the method.
Do you work in the metric measuring system? It’s easy to switch the units from US imperial to metric with the drop down menu on the recipe card below.