A dish with an almost unbelievable flavor combination, our Low Carb Cheddar, Maple & Mustard Pork Meatballs. It sounds crazy, but the ingredients compliment each other nicely.
I stumbled across this flavor combination many years ago, I was the chef in an establishment that had a new 6 item menu every day to feed a big group of hard working men and women. They had big appetites, and different burgers were always requested. I turned these Pork Meatballs into burgers, laden with coleslaw, and the crew loved them!
I found the recipe hidden in one of my old index books, which I used to write my recipes in alphabetical order. Moving into keto, it wasn’t hard to make the meatballs low carb, and the addition of cheese keeps the fat a bit higher.
This recipe makes 8 serves.
We add nutritional information to the base of every recipe, in the recipe notes section. If you can’t find it, you may be viewing our page through the very efficient “no frills” view. All you have to do is scroll to bottom and click “View Non-AMP” and you’ll get the recipe and nutritional information in it’s full glory.
Ingredients for Making Your Low Carb Cheddar, Maple & Mustard Pork Meatballs:
- 2 pounds of Ground Pork
- 7 ounces of Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons of Sugar-Free Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 cloves of Garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons of Sage, fresh, finely chopped
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Pepper
Instructions for Making Your Low Carb Cheddar, Maple & Mustard Pork Meatballs:
- In a large mixing bowl place all ingredients.
- Mix well. We recommend donning a pair of food safe gloves and mixing by hand.
- Roll the meat into balls that are the size of 2 tablespoons. We managed to get 30 balls from this mixture.
- Preheat oven to 200C/390F.
- Place the meatballs onto a lined roasting tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and allow to heat up.
- Fry the meatballs in batches for approximately 15-20 minutes, turning every so often.
- Serve the meatballs and enjoy.
If you want to make a larger batch of Low Carb Cheddar, Maple & Mustard Pork Meatballs, simply adjust the serving amounts in our easy to use recipe card below. The measurements and ingredients will adjust themselves, and all you have to do is follow the method.
Do you work in the metric measuring system? It’s easy to switch the units from US imperial to metric with the drop down menu on the recipe card below.