Not only are these Low Carb Buttery Vanilla Shortbread Cookies delicious! They make the best crumbly base for Low-Carb, no-bake Cheesecake, and Pie Recipes.
Cookies are a great snack, and keeping keto when enjoying them couldn’t be easier. Check out more Tasty Cookie Recipes.
Use our Low Carb Buttery Shortbread Cookies as a Delicious Cake or Pie Base
One batch of these cookies makes the perfect base for our Low Carb Jello Chunk Cheesecake. Make yourself a double batch so you’ve got something to snack on while you wait for it for set!
This recipe makes 16 cookies, 1 serve is equal to 1 cookie.
Ingredients for Making Your Keto Vanilla Shortbread Cookies:
- 2 cups of Almond Flour
- ⅓ cup of Erythritol
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup of Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 large Egg
Instructions for Making Your Keto Vanilla Shortbread Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 150C/300F.
- In a mixing bowl, add the almond flour, erythritol, salt and vanilla extract. Mix.
- Add the butter and rub into the dry ingredients until fully combined.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Take tablespoon sized pieces of the mixture and roll into balls, then press onto a lined cookie sheet. We recommend using food safe gloves to stop the mixture from sticking to your hands.
- Leave a gap between the cookies as they will spread slightly.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes, until the edges are browned. The cookies will firm up as they cool. If you are using the cookies as a base for our Jello Chunk Cheesecake, allow them to cook longer so the edges are firm and they are completely browned.
- Leave to cool before storing in an airtight jar, or using as a cheesecake base.
If you want to make a larger batch of Keto Vanilla Shortbread Cookies, simply adjust the serving amounts in our easy to use recipe card below. The measurements and ingredients will adjust themselves, and all you have to do is follow the method.
Do you work in the metric measuring system? It’s easy to switch the units from US imperial to metric with the drop down menu on the recipe card below.