Refreshing and zesting, our Lemon & Chive Flavored Compound Butter is a great accompaniment for seafood, chicken and vegetables. Add it to your Cauliflower Mash for extra deliciousness!
Fresh herbs can breathe life into the most bland of dishes, and with compound butter it also brings tasty fat. We’ve even sauteed fresh shrimp in this butter, they were delicious!
When zesting, we recommend using one of these microplanes. The zest is very finely grated and it takes no time at all, just don’t grate your fingers!
This recipe makes 10 serves, one serve is 1 tablespoon.
We add nutritional information to the base of every recipe, in the recipe notes section. If you can’t find it, you may be viewing our page through the very efficient “no frills” view. All you have to do is scroll to bottom and click “View Non-AMP” and you’ll get the recipe and nutritional information in it’s full glory.
Ingredients for Making Your Lemon & Chive Flavored Compound Butter:
- 3 tablespoons of Chives, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, finely zested and 1 tablespoon of juice
- 1 stick (4 ounces) of Unsalted Butter, softened
- ¼ teaspoon of Salt
- ¼ teaspoon of Pepper
Instructions for Making Your Lemon & Chive Flavored Compound Butter:
- In a mixing bowl place all ingredients.
- Mix well, ensuring everything is combined.
- Gently spoon onto a sheet of cling film and roll into a log shape.
- Set in the fridge for 20 minutes before serving. Store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If you want to make a larger batch of Lemon & Chive Compound Butter, simply adjust the serving amounts in our easy to use recipe card below. The measurements and ingredients will adjust themselves, and all you have to do is follow the method.
Do you work in the metric measuring system? It’s easy to switch the units from US imperial to metric with the drop down menu on the recipe card below.