These tasty Ketogenic Texan BBQ Chicken Wings can be barbecued on the grill or baked in the oven. We like to use one of these portable gas grills and cook our dinner wherever we please.
Too often chicken wings are doused and smeared with sugary sauces that just spike your insulin through the roof and ruin all the fatty goodness that comes with the best part of the chicken, there’s no need.
Our recipe makes 4 serves. The serving size will depend on the size of your wings. But why not double or triple the ingredients and invite everyone over!
Ingredients for Making Your Ketogenic Texan BBQ Chicken Wings:
- 2 pounds of Chicken Wings
- 2 teaspoons of Thyme, dried
- 1 teaspoon of Erythritol
- 1 teaspoon of Cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon of Paprika
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- ½ teaspoon of Coriander, ground
- ½ teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon of Ginger Powder
- ½ teaspoon of Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of Chili Powder
- ¼ cup of Olive Oil
Instructions for Making Your Ketogenic Texan BBQ Chicken Wings:
- Place all the herbs and spices along with the erythritol into a mixing bowl and mix.
- Add the chicken wings and ensure they are all coated in the spice mix. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your grill (or oven to 200C/390F).
- Drizzle the oil over your wings to prevent sticking. For baking, place your wings on a lined cookie sheet.
- Grill your wings for 15-20 minutes until cooked through OR bake for 25-30 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the size of your wings.
- Serve with Keto Friendly Mayo for dipping.
If you want to make a larger batch of Ketogenic Texan BBQ Chicken Wings, simply adjust the serving amounts in our easy to use recipe card below. The measurements and ingredients will adjust themselves, and all you have to do is follow the method.
Do you work in the metric measuring system? It’s easy to switch the units from US imperial to metric with the drop down menu on the recipe card below.